Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF!

Ahhhhhhhhh....nothing better than lounging around in PJ's on a Friday! Day off today since we had to put in extra evening hours for parent teacher conferences this week. Speaking of parent teacher conferences, I can't believe how well they went!!!!!! I could of never imagined they would have went so smoothly and would be so productive! Definitely a night and day difference from Topeka. In Topeka I was lucky to have 20% attendance by parents, the only reason I had that much was because they knew I would have lots of goodies, this year I had 95% show up and most people graciously turned down all of the goodies I made! They were actually there to speak about their children (what a concept!). And most conferences were with moms and dads. It was absolutely wonderful. These kids are so lucky to have so much support and opportunity, the difference it is going to make in their future is undeniable.
Got a lot done this morning. Got everything finalized with a new insurance company which is going to pay sooooooo much more of the prenatal bills, yippee!!!!! My last insurance was not so good, so this is a huge relief. It's going to be a little bit of a pain at times, I have to have referrals for everything except my PCP but as long as I get all the referrals done now and in place before they are needed it will be less of a hassle when we reach the delivery date. And we got a payment plan set up at our doctors office so they took all 9 months and sent it in as a lump sum to our new insurance and then they divided the total up into payments which will make it a little more manageable, then in the end we might have to pay a little extra or get a refund depending on how each appt goes. Less stress to see the total and be able to plan long term!
I looked at our financial portfolios today online, so sad. We have plenty of time to rebound before retirement but for those nearing retirement age...? Pretty sucky. Makes me sad to think of all these people who have spent their lives investing for retirement and it's just disappearing. I hope we start seeing an improvement soon. On a lighter note, gas in Wichita $2.65 lowest in the nation I heard on CNN!
I better go, got a full afternoon of playing with my puppies (maybe just Daisy, Bud's hiding somewhere in the basement, he's a little recluse!), catching up on my magazines and books, and maybe a little lesson planning for next week. :)

Love,
Tabatha

No comments: