Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Days: Part 1!

Not sure I've ever had this many snow days?  And most of them due to windchill, not really that much snow!  I'm loving it though, last week was the first five consecutive work week since before Christmas and it was rough!  I'm getting a bit spoiled with this "Stay-At-Home Mommy who continues to earn her regular paycheck".  That's my kind of job, lol!  Hundreds of pictures since I last posted, how do I share just a few??  So I won't, ha ha!  Enjoy!

 Eating breakfast with his Daddy, too cute!

 Watching the snow fall.
 We finally had warm enough temps about three days after the snow fall to take Jaxson out.
 He doesn't like to get snow on his shoes, he just wanted to sit on the deck steps and watch Jason and Daisy play!

 Ummm...No!!  Pick me up!!
 Jason took him out to part of the yard with very little snow and he pretty much just stood there and carefully made sure no snow got on him, lol!
 Maybe I can make it to the door if I walk on top of the snow very carefully...
 What the heck, quit taking my picture and pick me up!!
 Back inside, always building his trains, planes, boats, and trucks.





Trying to get him to smile at me for a picture so I was acting goofy...photo cracks me up, because he was looking at me like I was crazy!  We have had so much fun!  My kids may never learn to read at school with all these snow days :S but Jaxson is counting up to 15 regularly, did 18 once with Jason.  He knows all of his colors except blue, can't get that one for some reason. :) I read they learn 10 new words a day and I definitely believe that to be true, he is constantly saying words and phrases I've never heard him say before.  Two of my favorites from this week:

Counting and couldn't figure out what came after 15 (which he usually just rambles some thing with -teen when he doesn't know!), he just said "and another one, and another one, and another one.". 

I was using my blender and he was in the other room and he came running when it turned on and said, "Oh no, what was that!!!"  Was soooo funny!

He has everybody in both my family and Jason's family separated and grouped according to families, it amazes me.  He will talk about his Aunt Amy and I will ask who else he knows and he will say Uncle Chris, Madi, and baby Evan, ha ha.  Same thing for my sister and her fiance and my brother and his girlfriend, amazes me that he has all of them all sorted out.  He has connected letters with written language, when we show him the letter A, he will tell us it's an A but also something else that begins with A in print (most of the time "Amy" because he sees that at home with Aunt Amy as well as at daycare because it is Payton and Avery's mom's name).  He knows P says /p/ and is at the beginning of Payton, thanks to his 3 year old friend, he learns so much from her!  He tells us when things are the "same" or when they are "different", in both size and color.  Continues to amaze us how his little brain works. :)

No comments: