Saturday, July 30, 2011

Missful thinking (and at times not so much!)

I have been having a lot of "missful thinking" this last week.
I'm going to miss these summer months.  105-110 degree heat, not so much!
But days with my sunshine, like you wouldn't believe.  Enough said, right?
There are so many things I'm going to miss about staying home with him.
About being a full time Mommy.
I'm going to miss...
Jaxson curling up beside me at 11:00 (getting hungry and sleepy) with his thumb in his mouth telling me he is my cuddlebug and that he loves me a whole bunch. 
Being able to do whatever we want on a whim: trips to Color Me Mine, the waterpark, the park, picnics on top of Fort Jaxson and at the zoo...I love our adventures.
Reading and singing with him throughout the day and not just at bedtime.
Our dance parties right after breakfast.
Being able to fit in a workout during nap time and do crafty things (me time!).
Dressing in my bum clothes, shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops, no makeup.
And finally, not having to "perform" for anyone but my 2 year old.

There are also things I won't miss. :(
It's no secret, I don't think, that if there were a housewife of the year award, my name would NOT be in the running.
You'd think with a fabulous model like my mother... raising four kids, homemade meals for every single meal, laundry always done, dishes always washed (by hand, we didn't have a dishwasher till I was a sophomore in highschool), a clean house, and time to have fun with each of us.  You'd think I would be a bit better at that job...but I'm not.
The cooking isn't a problem, I LOVE to cook, it's the cleaning that I'm not so hot at.
I despise doing dishes and laundry and I procrastinate pretty huge when it comes to doing them. (and I have a dishwasher!)
My house is way more messy when we're home during the summer then when I work.
I just want to play with Mr. Sunshine in the sunshine, no housework for me!
I also spend too much money.  Most of what we do is free fun but it's difficult for me to just sit at home, I get antsy, cabin-fever, so often our adventures involve spending money, at least on gas.
Also, I miss dressing up.  Notice how dressing in my bum clothes made the list on something I will miss?  Dressing nice and wearing makeup keeps me motivated to lose these last pounds, I don't get into that "lazy rut".
And finally, I love to teach, LOVE it.  No doubt it is what I was meant to do, be doing, whether it's teaching my little man or teaching twenty 6-year olds, it something I am very passionate about.  I couldn't imagine not being a teacher and I'm excited to meet my new group of kids. :) Our first day is August 12th, they will line up at my door for hugs and high-fives and most will want to unload their bag of supplies right at my feet before they even walk in.  That excitement is incredible, it's infectious and keeps me coming back for more (despite the fact we are poor and I couldn't quit if I wanted to, ha!).

Oh how I will miss my Jaxson Drake. :'"( The other day I was depressing (yes, it's My word) about taking Jaxson to someone else to raise for 9 months out of the year...but then I realized 180=6 months, when you take out vacations and weekends and that made it seem not quite so painful.  It is painful though, and every year it will be until I see his bright crooked smile walking the halls of school with me.

No comments: