Saturday, January 14, 2012

January

Sorry for being MIA with pics lately.  Busy as usual!  But it's a 3-day weekend so I thought I could slow down a bit to download pictures, 798 pictures were on my camera waiting to be downloaded. :S Pics to come later this weekend...maybe :)...first what we've been up to...

Jason had a wonderful 2011 at work.  There are three categories of top sellers in his company, Leaders, Masters, and Presidents, and he made the list at Masters!  Exciting!!  Only 20,000 from Presidents (that's 3 days of sales, so close!).  Presidents includes an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii, so a bit bummed about that, ha, but so very proud of him!!!  If he makes Masters again he gets bumped up to Presidents, 2 consecutive years at Masters status=a year at Presidents.  The pay bonus should allow us to pay our addition in cash.  He's been working on our basement bathroom and preparing for our house addition.  Addition--getting closer and closer to becoming a reality!  Jason has almost finished collecting bids and pricing out all the lumber and materials we will need.  The goal is to get it built and move-in ready by late summer so Jaxson can move into his new room (our current room) before school starts.  That may be a bit ambitious though considering we are doing a majority of it ourselves, but got to set goals, right? :) We are on track with planning for Baby #2's arrival in April 2013.  Ha!  As much trouble as we had getting pregnant in the beginning, it seems to be silly to try to schedule it but that's the plan.  Jason's officially on board (he always has been, he just tries to deny it so as to not get me too excited :) ) ...just praying he doesn't change his mind with how our little monkey has been behaving lately, ha!

Jaxson--no, I don't want to, stupid...just a small part of his inappropriate vocabulary these days.  He is a handful.  Fiercely independent, so thankful that our daycare provider is still allowing him to spend the day with them.  Most of the time he continues to be a great listener but when he isn't he really challenges our patience.  It seems like he lives in Time Out in the evenings and weekends.  I know it is normal 2/3 year old behavior but trying to figure out how to best train and mold him into a caring, responsible, respectful little guy before school begins is a bit worrisome some days. :( Especially when we don't have the patience for the disrespect, we just want to put him on Time Out and then leave so we can cool down but I'm not sure he is learning anything other than that he is making us mad?  We aren't really teaching to replace the words or explaining that it is okay to be mad, everyone gets mad but it's how you react afterwards that you can control....hmmm advice out there? :)  On a positive note, his number recognition is up to 15 and knows more of his lowercase letters.  Loves puzzles, games, legos, playdoh, and of course books.

Some funny things he has said/says:
  • I just can't believe it!  (Believe what?!) There's no "j" on that sign (Bed Bath and Beyond), I just can't believe it, why is there no "j"??? (They don't need a "j" to spell it, there's no /j/ in Bed Bath and Beyond) They can still use a "j", Mom!
  • What does that spell? (fish) No it isn't, there's an "s", Mom, "s" says /sssssss/ like snake!
  • He got a clear light up red Santa necklace in his stocking... (Are you going to wear your Santa necklace to Nana and Papa's house?)  Long pause....  Santa?.... I think.... I'm pretty sure.... It's a gorilla???  (He'd had it for at least a week, so stinking funny!)
  • On the way driving to my parents, let me paint a picture...Jaxson in the middle of the backseat, Daisy on one side, Buddy on the other...  "Buddy this is Kansas, we are in Kansas now (we weren't before??).  Kansas has lots of windmills.  This is Kansas, Daisy, see the windmills...we in Kansas now."
  • Red Robin (the restaurant)=Red Robin Hood, and there's no way to convince him otherwise, he will just say "You're just teasing, silly, it is too Red Robin Hood".
  • Toothpick=Pooftick, that's just too funny to correct so instead we encourage it, ha!
  • Kindle=Candle, "No, I AM playing with the Candle!" what he yells when we tell him he can't use it, has said it several times in public, I can only imagine how many people think we let our 2 year old play with fire! :(

Me--I started a running program with a running club in Wichita called GoRun.  My first 5K was this morning, I finished 8th out of 72 runners, not too shabby!  I am pretty excited!  I joined with a "completing is winning" attitude but I'm starting to feel like maybe I can actually finish fairly decent if I am determined enough.  Never thought I'd be up at 7:00 on the weekends running, much less when it is 20 degrees outside but I really do like it!  Jason is very supportive but I'm pretty sure he thinks the 25 degrees is crazy considering I have a very expensive treadmill sitting in the basement. :) But I do run on that every other day, not always outside.  I've missed being competitive and the group runs allow me to push myself harder than when I'm alone in the basement on the treadmill.  The first 5K race, "Run to Believe" is a memorial race for two area highschool students who were killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.  It is on March 24th at 9:00am.  Not how I thought I'd spend the day after Jason turns 30, :) but I am excited.  Hopefully he doesn't mind if I'm the DD or we can just party hard on Saturday evening. We will see!  I'm also registered to run the 10K in June at the Wichita river festival.  My sister is going to join me. :) I really don't think there are any marathons in my future, 10K sounds a bit death defying enough, ha!

No comments: