has been so much fun! I feel very lucky to have a husband who has similar ideas in names. We can have honest conversations and really mark off ones that we aren't too excited about without hurting eachothers feelings. Sometimes mine get a little too non-traditional for him and he tells me I'm trying to make him/her be a LN (Lil' N_____). I think you can fill in the blank! :) One of the first grade teachers I teach with just had her third child (and she's a year younger than me! yikes!), she has told me stories about how her and her husband went round and round with picking names. He wanted to name their son after his great grandfather, Floyd Dwayne. She went most of the pregnancy without telling him how she really felt about it. I'm all about carrying on family traditions but naming your child Floyd in 2008? I am pretty sure I would have cried many tears if I were her! It is also very tough because when you are around children alot certain names carry "feelings" and the ones that stick out aren't real pleasant sometimes! It's been a little tough trying to explain this to Jason, he really doesn't understand, they are their own person afterall. So my response was to add "Keagan" to our boys list, ha ha. He is a major goober employee for Jason and causes him major headaches day after day, from wrecking a store truck, messing up orders with important accounts, taking hours to make deliveries that should take under one hour, speaks to customers in sonnets (really into poetry), etc. He said "H*** no!" Ha ha ha ha, so when he says one that makes me cringe, I just say Keagan! We both have been working on a list of names we like and we shared them the other night. We already have the list narrowed down to a girl's first name off of his list and a middle name from my list. The boy's name is still in progress, Eugelmer Glue Gengler it might be, Jason says EGG will be his nickname.
Plans for this weekend are painting the shed, cleaning out vehicles, and going shoe shopping for Jason (I never can get him to go shopping, especially not for shoes, so I'm pretty excited about this!).
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Love,
Tabatha
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha ha! I loved this insert on your blog! :) Definitely got a laugh out of me on this "fine" Monday morning! :) Love you, and I wish you luck with picking names! Poor child IS going to be called Egg the rest of his life, and not really know why until he is old enough to understand... :D Great story to pass on!
Post a Comment