Monday, November 24, 2008

Our exciting day!

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to post anything...and I have a million other things to do, update the baby book, bake some cookies for grandparents day at school tomorrow, pack for our trip, fold laundry, load the dishwasher...but I could't resist!!!!!

We are having a boy!!!!!!! We are so excited, we really were excited for either a boy or a girl, just knowing is so exciting. Blood pressure and sugar are still normal. They measured the head, abdomen, spine, fluid stuff...I'm sure there were other things. Also checked out the four heart chambers and each of the ventricles, checked out the different parts of the brain, the three blood vessel thingys (wherever they were located. ;) ), and everything checked out just fine. Our due date is still set for April 25th according to most of the measurements, the head size suggested April 23rd. (He's got a big noggin' : ) ) And she showed us all the manly parts. He layed face down most of the sonogram waving his hands and kicking his feet, even gave us a "thumbs up" once! She poked him and made me roll all over trying to get him to change positions, finally after trying and trying he rolled over 360 degrees until he was facing the same direction as before, then looked right at the sonogram wand thing, it was the funniest thing. Like to say, "There, are you happy?!" "Leave me the heck alone and quit poking at me!" Afterwards the lady jokingly said, "I really earned my paycheck on this one!" Already the mom in me piped up apologetically, like I already need to apologize for his behavior, not a good sign, ha ha ha! The book we have been reading says that the baby can hear our voices and we should begin talking to it so it will become familiar with the sound of our voice. You should hear the stories Jason has been telling him. We are in for a whole lot of trouble when he can begin repeating things! ;)

Next appt. Dec. 18th and then we move to appts. more frequently than monthly.

2 comments:

The Packard's said...

I would love to be a fly on the wall and listen to the stories that son of yours is hearing! Dylan and I will have to come visit soon so you can get a glimpse at all the fun boy things you will soon be doing! So happy for you guys, can't wait to meet the little guy!

Ashley said...

ha ha ha! I do know you too well! I thought...Tab said she wasn't going to post on here until after the trip...but I bet she couldn't resist!!! ;) And how could you, of course! I am so excited for both of you!!! Can't wait to have a little cowboy nephew ;)... No worries, Jason, we will have him singing like the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in no time! :)