Wednesday we woke up and left around 3:30 am(went to bed really early!) and headed to San Antonio. I was worried at first but Jason was right, it was a perfect time to leave. Much better than trying to leave after work at 5 like we did last year! We arrived at my sister's around 1:30 and had a lazy day of shopping and visiting. The next day we had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and watched some football. Friday morning and early afternoon we spent looking at sights in San Antonio (no shopping!!). It was a wonderful time, we laughed and laughed and laughed. My family is so goofy when we get together! I love it! And the weather turned out to be absolutely beautiful--upper 70's with no rain! Nights were in the 60's and we had the windows open the entire weekend. It couldn't have been better. We left Friday afternoon and traveled through rain and snow, the temperature dropped dramatically on the way. :( But we had a great weekend full of fun indoor activities with Jason's family in Salina. Did some shopping, played games, watched football, and ate lots of yummy goodies. Amy and Sandy (sis-in-law and mom-in-law) have gotten lots of cool new scrapbooking supplies and toys! I'm looking forward to having a scrapbooking weekend soon! We really enjoy spending time with our niece Madilyn (Madi). She is so much fun. She had everyone laughing with her little phrases that she makes up on her own. It is so neat to listen to how she's moving on from repeating things that she has heard others say to inventing her own little sayings. It is too cute! She also is a drama queen!!!! She can fake pout like no other!! Ha ha! It is neat to see what we have to look forward to with our little one, and also see how Chris and Amy address those "2-year old behaviors". We have so much to learn! Yikes!
Going to be a long, lonely week. :( Jason is leaving tomorrow to go hunting with his dad, uncles, and cousins. It is something that is very, very, very special to him. He gets really emotional talking about what it means to him (don't tell him I told you that ;) ). There are so many special moments he has shared with his dad during this time in the past. So even though I'm dreading the week :) I know how happy it makes him and I'm happy he has such great memories and such a close relationship with his parents. He is anxious to pass on these traditions such as a man's day on Saturday when he and his dad went out for breakfast and shot rockets or watched airplanes together (no girls allowed :) ) and the hunting trips among many others, he's going to be a great dad! I know that even though we are worried about becoming "great" parents we each have a couple of super models to follow!! Almost half way through the pregnancy, I haven't been taking pictures of myself but I heard more requests from my sister and Amy so we will see about getting a mid-way picture posted next weekend. ;) I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love,
Tabatha
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment