Monday, February 9, 2009

Jaxson's room



First a picture of a very spoiled puppy...
















Jason's at a stopping point on the crib until he can get some more wood. So he's been focusing on the room remodel. The carpet has been torn out, baseboard and casing are gone, doors are gone, and the walls have been prepped, primed, and painted. I'm so excited at how it is turning out!!!

















The green is pretty bright, brighter than the pictures show, I think! It is all going to come together and look awesome! The color is Shagreen 6422 for those of you with a Sherwin fan deck. ;) We are going with a cherry oak stain for the trim and furniture and white doors. This will eventually be the wood and door colors throughout the house. We picked out the hardwood floors for the rest of the house the other day, need to save about a year though before we are ready for that project, with Jaxson on the way it may be longer! We'll at least have the living/dining/kitchen area painted by the end of March which is going to make a huge difference! We have a recall on our siding on the exterior of the house, the settlement won't be finished until June so we can't paint any of the exterior until that all gets resolved (or we won't get any money from it!).
We toured the hospital during our last childbirth class. Not much to add about the class part, it was as interesting as usual. She went on and on and on about how the coaches should make sure they are supporting us and how helping us through labor is more important than the ball game on TV. Jason just blew it off but I was a little pissed and offended for him. I'm sure there are those men out there but the birth of our child is definitely higher on my husband's priority list! She also suggested for the second time to buy different flavors of chapstick to help keep your lips moist and to relax you during labor. This time I don't think I was the only one looking at her like she was crazy! :)
Had a doctor appt. this past Thursday. We laugh about our doc being "bipolar" because we never know whether he's going to be cheery and talk like crazy or be very short and grumpy, ha ha. Everyone speaks very highly of him but sometimes he just doesn't have much to say in response to our questions. This was not a very happy day for him. :) Baby's heartbeat was 127 and I only gained 3 pounds this past month! I was proud of myself, 19 pounds so far (doctors goal was 15 total :) ).
I think Jaxson had the hiccups today? I don't know what he was up to but it sure felt crazy! I'm starting to get heartburn like crazy and not just at night either, sucks!
Better get going I'm waiting on a parent for our conference time. Working late tonight and till 8 tomorrow and Wednesday for parent teacher conferences, but we get the day off on Friday! Have a great week!
Love,
Tabatha

1 comment:

Miss Hake said...

Tabatha, the room looks great. Much better then the jungle wallpaper before. I can't believe that you are going to paint over the lovely plum color that runs through most of your house..LOL! I am excited for you and other at Quincy are too. Talk to you soon..luv yas!