Monday, June 22, 2009

2 months

Can't change the date for some reason. :P July 2, 2009
What a month! Busy, busy, busy!

Jaxson has met two of his great aunts, Jason's Aunt Phyllis and my Aunt Carol and her husband Carl, as well as second cousins (?) Jason's cousin Andrea and her two girls, Ella and Ava, and my cousin Brad, his wife Tiffany and their two boys, Ray and Sam. He also met his great great aunt and uncle, my great aunt and uncle Willis and Mary. It was good to see all of them, of course Jason's family remarks on how similar he looks to Jason when he was little and mine how similar he looks to me, he's still a perfect combination. ;) Here's a picture of Jaxson with Ella, she's the only one of the kids he has met really old enough to hold him yet. Hopefully I will get a picture of him with his cousin, Madi, this weekend.
















We went to Eudora to celebrate Camdyn's first birthday (my friend from highschool, Abbey's son). Jaxson was still too young to focus on all the activity of course, but it was so much fun to see all the one year olds running around! There were so many of them and they were so cute in their little swimsuits. My friend and her husband had a backyard water party and the kids had such a great time in the different sprinkler toys and pools. We have so many fun things to look forward to with our little guy, can't wait!!!

We celebrated our first Father's Day. Jaxson and I had gone shopping and he picked out the cutest card (I picked a few and layed them out in the cart and bought the one he stared at ;) it was very bright and colorful). We also got some different story books about a Daddy and son and a smoker that he has been wanting for quite awhile. They were on sale at Lowes and his dad has one and makes some amazing smoked ribs. Last weekend Jason made us some smoked ribs and they were absolutely incredible. Here are a couple photos of that special Father's Day! How cute are they!!? Jaxson and I are so lucky to have Jason in our lives, he is such a great husband and daddy! Jaxson loves him so much and clings to him when he comes home from work in the afternoon and evenings.






























This month Jaxson realized that taking a bath is not so bad afterall! He still doesn't care for water being around his face but as long as we are careful and distracting him by acting like a goofball he does terrific! The lotion massage is another story, you'd think we were torturing him, he still hates that. Here are a couple photos of the cutie!














































I realized one day that Jaxson was watching my face very intently and so I stuck my tongue out at him and he grinned like crazy. Since then it has been a little game and he has started mimicking us when we do it. It is so cute. I sing a song about a "speckled frog" (Five little speckled frogs sat on a speckled log eating some most delicious bugs...yum yum...) and stick my tongue out like a frog to eat bugs during that part, it is so funny to watch him, he gets so excited!!!!! He copies Jason and I and sticks his tongue out through the whole song and not just the eating bugs part. It is the cutest thing ever and he smiles really big when we start the song, he already recognizes it! So as my son turns 2 months old, one thing I know I have taught him is how to "eat bugs". ;) Here are a couple pictures, one when we start the song (the big grin) and the others with him sticking his tongue out.


















































Went to the doctor last week because Jaxson didn't seem to be feeling very well, very fussy. Brought in my eating log, I've been so frustrated trying to figure out what is causing his tummy problems. I've cut out everything off the list of possibilities: broccoli, garlic, spicy food, onions, cabbage, soda, caffeine, chocolate, milk... and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Dr. says his digestive system is immature and sensitive and will get better over time. He also has acid reflux which I have been wondering about for some time. Sometimes he sounds like he's spitting up but nothing comes out and he chokes, then his poor little face turns red and his eyes water because it burns. :'( She said that alot of babies with acid reflux spit up but it doesn't come all the way out just up into their esophagus and back down. She also said that he is gaining weight too fast so need to cut back on feedings, weighs 12 lbs. Nobody that knows Jaxson thinks he's overweight so I'm really not going to worry too much about it, I know as he gets older he is going to be running around with Jason and he will need to eat to keep up with him. :) The lactation consultant thinks it's rediculous that the doctor said that. His belly button had this tissue that was growing from where his umbilical cord was. Had some technical name but they had to put this black stuff on it and it hopefully will fall off like his umbilical cord did, nothing serious just cosmetic, we can have it surgically removed if the silver nitrate stuff doesn't do the job.

Also had his 2 month checkup and shots this past Tuesday. Those shots were not much fun. This is Jaxson in the waiting room with his lip out. If he only knew what was coming!!! :( He did really well though. Weighed him again, a week and a day from the last appt and he's at 12 lbs. 12 oz.!! 12 oz. in a week, gee wiz! :) We have modified his feeding schedule to help with the acid reflux and started some medicine which will hopefully help with his pain and daily fussiness. We also found out that he has a heart murmur and we have an appt with a cardiologist next week for some tests. I was in tears at first but after reading and talking to others I've found it really is pretty common, I will still be on pins and needles until the tests are over!
















Jaxson has fully transitioned to his own room. I was sure it was going to be tough but as usual he proved me wrong and did amazing. Went from 7 hrs straight of sleeping when he slept in his Pack n Play back to 4 for three days in his crib and then right back up to 7. Except for last night when we had some storms come through. I thought about putting the Pack n Play back up in our room so he could sleep the rest of the night with us but read somewhere that when a child isn't feeling well or it is stormy to go to their room rather than having them come to yours because as far as the stormy part they learn that it isn't so scary in their room. So I drug my pillow and blanket into his room and slept on the floor, I know I'm a dork and it sounds silly, should've just set up the Pack n Play would've been a lot more comfortable! :) We are also getting closer and closer to being able to just lay him down and he will put himself to sleep. He is a tummy sleeper, I know that is huge taboo but he sleeps so much better that way and will roll over if you put him on his back anyways. During his first month he slept all curled up like the first picture, now he sleeps with his legs straight out like the second (sorry so dark haven't been able to get a good picture with good lighting while he sleeps), what a big boy!






























And last but not least, today is his big day! 2 months old! Here are a few of my favorite photos from the past couple weeks.















































"Mom, you're a weirdo!" :)
















































The days are flying by. :( Getting closer and closer to that dreaded day when he starts daycare. :'( The tears are already starting, I knew they would as much as I've tried to tell myself that it will be okay, I completely trust Linda (I know you are going to be wonderful with him!), but he is our little angel and dropping him off there on August 10th is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. :'(
















I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! We're off to the lake with Jason's family!!
Love,
Tabatha

1 comment:

The Helm Family said...

Love, love, love the pictures!! He is such a cutie. And I think the lip sticking out is just the cutest! He is going to have some people wrapped around his little finger! Very neat about the frog song too. It is so amazing how quickly they catch on and learn those fun things. Makes it even more memorable for Mom and Dad. Can't wait to see you guys!