The last two weeks have been so much fun! Jaxson is becoming more aware of his surroundings everyday and playing and interacting with us and our dogs.
First, an update from our cardiologist appt last week. Jaxson's pediatrician referred us to a cardiologist because she noticed a heart murmur. Many babies have heart murmurs and they go away but she said it could be something more serious because of the timing of when she first noticed it. Something about how a baby's lungs become fully funtional at two months of age and all of their blood begins rushing through their heart (it hadn't been before? I still don't really understand that part. :) ) Anyways if they notice a murmur at that point it could mean there is a hole in the heart. They put all of these stickers all over his body with these little metal things that looked like snaps off his outfit and then hooked him up to wires like when you jump a car battery. That was the EKG test and it printed out the little squiggles of the heart beat. It was crazy to "see" the heart murmur on paper, the squiggles took a dip every two seconds.
Then they took off all the stickers but four and did an echo-cardiogram, which was a sonogram of his heart, put that goopy stuff all over him just like they did me when I was pregnant. Doctor said everything looked pretty "boring". There wasn't a hole noticeable from the sonogram. A couple explanations possible for the murmur are that since his heart is so small the right aorta veins should exit the heart like a "Y" but where the one vein splits into two is more like a "T" and is more of a right angle versus a gradual curve so it changes the sound of the blood rushing, kind of like a pinched garden hose he said. Nothing to lose sleep over he said, as his heart grows the curve will become more gradual and the murmur will probably disappear. He also has these squiggly collatoral veins which go from the heart to his lungs and he sees them in about 10% of babies, again nothing to lose sleep over, they'll probably disappear over time. So we will just monitor the heart murmur at his appts. and get periodic echo-cardiograms if needed.He has started playing with his toys, he still is working on hand-eye coordination so he swings his hands at toys and occasionally "whiffs" but when he connects he gets so excited. He watches his hands and fingers and likes to touch our faces. He also loves to play with his musical gyms and the toys on his carseat.




Daisy cannot stand being left out of the fun, she gets so excited when we are on the floor playing with toys. She gives Jaxson tons of kisses and tries to put her dirty zebra in his hands.Jaxson spent the last two weekends with his grandparents and aunts and uncles. The weekend of the 4th we went to the lake to see Jason's family. The weather wasn't too hot so Jaxson was able to spend some time outside. He snoozed with his Papa and Aunt Amy on the deck. He stayed with his Nana while Jason and I, his dad, sister, and our niece spent some time out on the water. It was a fun weekend, here are a few pictures of Jason with our niece, Madilyn. She is such a great swimmer, I wish I was a better swimmer, maybe could swim to save my life but it sure wouldn't be pretty, ha ha! We have plans for a pool in our backyard, maybe by next summer we'll see. Jaxson's going to be a little fish just like his Daddy and cousin Madi!


Then we went to see my family last weekend. It was so hot so we didn't spend too much time outside. Grandma and Grandpa want to take him fishing, maybe it will start cooling off so we can do that soon. Jaxson got to see Grandma's little chicks. She hatched 12 of them in an incubator, they are so cute! They are all different colors, gray, striped, black, and white. One of them has a crooked beak and only one eye! He also got to spend some time with Uncle Austin and Aunt Ashley. Another fun weekend!


We are planning our first play date with some friends and their 6 month old girl, Alissa. She is crawling like crazy now. His daycare playmate will be a girl, she's due in August and will join him at daycare in November, the other three children at daycare are between the ages of 1 and 3. We have a BBQ planned with Jaxson's daycare provider and her family. We will be going to visit her off and on the next few weeks so that he will recognize her face and it will hopefully help me ease into it as well. Can't believe the first official day of school is August 11th, what happened to starting around my birthday? Of course I have work days prior to that so that pushes the date up even more. :P As much as I dread taking Jaxson to daycare, I really am excited for the school year, I absolutely love teaching and can't wait to meet my new class (makes me a little guilty to feel that way :( ).
Here are a few of my favorite photos from the past couple of weeks. Jaxson's starting to turn away from the camera. =( A sign I take too many I guess.
Just got through having a major screaming fit, all of a sudden stops and gets this big grin, such a monster! :)
I was trying to get Jaxson's attention to take his picture but he was staring at the ceiling fan. Finally he turned his head but kept his eyes on the fan, it was pretty funny!
Jaxson hates being in his carseat. When we go shopping, Daddy takes him out. :) He's not spoiled!? Then I go shopping by myself and what does Jaxson do, scream of course because then he gets to come out right? :) Not easy to push a cart when you can't see over the carseat fastened to the front and trying to carry a baby and shopping all at the same time. =( So if our son is spoiled, blame his Daddy, ha ha ;)
Jaxson doesn't like to suck on his pacifier much, would rather chew on it. He's starting to be able to hold it himself but still not really good control over his hand movements and accidently takes it out.

Because he chews on his pacifier rather than sucking on it, it always falls out and in go the fingers! :) At first I was a little worried about it but not so much anymore. It is problem solving, he's trying to find ways to comfort himself and he's able to put himself to sleep doing it and I'm all for that! :)

Jaxson in his 4th of July t-shirt.
Too bad mommy has crazy hair!
Ok, so maybe he is getting a little chubby! Ha ha! :)
His feet look huge with his shoes on. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love,
Tabatha
3 comments:
Great pictures, he is such a cutie!!
I also have problems with spacing. I noticed if I start typing and then add pictures, it throws my spacing way off. I try to upload my photos first and then type around them and don't seem to have the troubles. It is very frustrating!
He is so stinkin cute!! I can't believe I haven't been to Valley Centert to meet him! Life has been crazy this summer! Glad all is going well! Miss you!
He is getting so big and I love the Kstate blanket he's playing on...wonder who made that for him. Tabatha don't worry I was born with a whole in my heart and it was there till I was ten and then just went away. I was blessed and turned out just fine, no surgery but I do remember all the exams...not fun. Anyways, he keeps getting cuter and cuter. I need to come visit again before school starts. Take care and keep in touch:)
Post a Comment