Last week was my prep week for my new workout and diet plan. My major motivation was downloading pictures of my turn with Jaxson after swim lessons last Tuesday, notice how those didn't get posted? There is a reason for that! Nobody should have to see my big butt in a bathing suit, ha ha, it was horrifying. I did pretty good with the diet prep (except for this past weekend ;) but who can resist a chocolate fountain and goodies at a baby shower??? definitely not me!), the goal was to get my body and our house ready for the extra protein and fiber and less fat and sugar. I did a fitness test so I have a baseline of where I am and set some goals on my Beachbody website. That website is pretty cool, by the way. You can set goals, track progress, talk to fitness coaches and nutritionists, get healthy recipes... So I'm definitely starting at 0, my goodness, I could hardly do ANY of it....how many pushups can you do (REAL pushups with proper form almost touching chest to the floor) ummmm None! And then there were military, wide flies, diamond, decline...like ten different kinds of pushups! None, none, none, none, and NONE! :) How many of the modified versions... :( 1 on some, the rest None. Situps, I can do a couple but not many more than None, in that category either. I have a long way to go. Today was the first official hard core workout, last week I did just the warm up daily and seriously about died during the warmup, it is a killer all by itself. The world honestly went black a couple times today during the Chest, Back, and Ab Ripper workout, but I made it through it, and it's been several hours later and I can now laugh about it, ha ha! The diet really is going to be easy I think for the most part, as much as I love Dr. Pepper, I quit completely for 8 months when I was pregnant with Jaxson and after awhile the temptation and cravings really did subside, so I know I can do it. I love fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken...etc. Jaxson does too, he has loved every meal I have made, sometimes he picks out things and gives it back, ha ha, but he tries it first and really is a big fan of fruits and vegetables. I can't believe the amount of time it takes to cut up and prepare every single meal. I have always enjoyed cooking but I really only cook one meal a day from scratch usually, the other meals are poptarts to go :), bowls of cereal, leftovers, or something from the freezer, a can, or box. I can't believe the amount of dishes I go through also, everyday I dirty every single knife, cutting board, plate, bowl, and pan we have! ha ha ☺ I run the dishwasher twice a day and it's only the three of us! Then there is the expense, oh my goodness! It is expensive to buy all of those fresh fruits and vegetables even though they are in season, and all of the fresh spices, herbs, meat...and it's not like it lasts long either, it all spoils pretty quickly. So the time commitment may get harder when school starts back up but I'm going to try my hardest to do the program by the book for the full 90 days. Then I will have no regrets and hopefully will be several pounds lighter and very proud of myself. ☺
Some things I have learned so far...
When you eat regular meals/snacks at the same times and intervals every single day you train your body to burn those calories in between time, this is "metabolism", when you eat every 3 or 6 hours or vary it every day, your body goes through a feast/famine response and actually stores many of those calories from each meal for energy because it doesn't know how long until your next meal, I've got to challenge my body to naturally start burning calories between meals and not storing it all, I will get the energy I need from all the healthy food I'm eating. ☺
Vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes are much better for you cooked rather than raw. Because our bodies are unable to process all the nutrients when they are in the raw form and we just get rid of some of the healthiest benefits. If you cook it (steam or roast), it breaks those down and our bodies can process much more of the healthy stuff. So if you can choose natural tomato sauce over fresh tomatoes, it is actually healthier for you. Everyone knows this is awesome news to me because I despise fresh tomatoes but LOVE them cooked. ☺
Enough of my rambling, tomorrow is weigh-in day, we will see how well my prep week went. ☺ Then we have swim lessons in the evening!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment