This was our weekend in a nutshell. Lots planned this week, couple trips to the library, Daddy's work, and possibly the zoo. Next weekend Papa and Nana are coming and possibly Aunt Ashley and soon-to-be Uncle Troy on Sunday. And Jaxson has a monster truck birthday party next week, can't wait!
Monday, June 21, 2010
13 1/2 months
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We sure did, lots of quality family time. We didn't end up going to Tanganika Wildlife Refuge or Exploration Place but we enjoyed ourselves at home. New things for Jaxson the last couple weeks...his new favorite word is "Read", he says it a hundred times a day (at least!!! no exaggeration...this boy LOVES to READ.). He is constantly bringing us books and crawling up in our laps. "Read, read, read" If I pause too long to look at pictures, Mr. Impatient will tell me "Read!!!" as he is turning the pages. When I asked him to go get his shoes so we can go outside today, he got sidetracked on the way to his room and brought me three books instead "Read!" I love to read, my mom and I read ALOT when I was little, I could read books by the time I was 4 and my sister could read before she turned 4 (and taught our neighbor boy who was in first grade how to read, good 'ol Nicholas ;) ha ha!). Reading has always been something very important to me. I read nonstop when I was a kid, I was the definition of a bookworm nerd, no joke. :S I'm excited to share this love of mine with Jaxson but after the 40th book this morning we did finally get on our shoes so we could enjoy some outside time, which he loves also and screams when I take him back inside because it has been so hot lately. His other new words "Hot?" always in the form of a question as he reaches out his hand to touch something, are the flowers "Hot?", is the door "Hot?", is the grass "Hot?", "Done." when he is finished eating and wants out of his highchair, "Buddy" (our other dog, sometimes he's "Dubby" ☺), "car", "boat", "bird", and "drink".... Every family has those silly words or sayings, sometimes nonsense, that you remember for years and can always make you laugh, right?? ☺ My family sure does! One being, when my brother, Brice, was really little he said "Lovey, Lovey, Lovey" with sarcasm about something that didn't go as he planned, so forever if someone was in a bad mood or something was just not going right that's all we had to say and it would instantly put a smile on their face. It was raining nonstop when we were with Jason's family in Salina a couple weeks ago and Jaxson pointed outside at the rain and said "Squish Power!" It was so stinkin funny. Nonsense but oh so funny, I know forever when it rains that will be one of my family's precious sayings that we will treasure forever. ☺ Jaxson got two more teeth over the last couple weeks so he is up to a whopping 16, I swear he has no more room so he better be done! My friend has a boy two weeks younger than Jaxson and he only has 1, amazing how they grow so differently, she's scared to give her child cheerios yet and Jaxson's eating beef jerky! Jaxson has figured out how to use a straw in the past couple weeks. He has also started requesting kisses for injuries. I went in to get him from his crib the other morning and he fell and stood up with his mouth in a circle, "Ooh, Ooh, Ooh" and held his hand up for me to kiss it. Then he went in to the bathroom where Jason was getting ready and fell back and bumped the back of his head, not hard at all but stood up made the same face and pointed for Jason to kiss him on his forehead. It was pretty funny, not even the same spot he got injured, we've never said things like "Let me kiss it." when he gets injured so we aren't sure if he picked this up at daycare or where. Other new things, he is now wearing hats!!! I'm so excited about this, I have been trying for awhile to get him to leave one on but to him they are a toy and he wants to take it off and play with it right away but he is beginning to wear them outside because it is "hot" and he is "just like Daddy!". Here are some pictures of our little guy...
Watercolor painting
Crawling under our table.
Picking up rocks from the landscaping and putting it in a bucket.
Pulling leaves off the tree and then trying to reattach them. ☺
Playing with bathtub crayons. He's pointing at the "O" in his name and saying "Baw!" (Ball!).
.JPG)
Watching his pool fill up.
Playing in some water while his pool fills up/warms up.
Wearing Daddy's hat.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Trading hats.
Here is Jason's "Boat Hut", a storage shed, kind of like a carport, for the boat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a perfect weekend! Can't wait to see you next week!
Post a Comment