Tuesday, July 13, 2010

14 months

I'm a BIG BOY!!

Vacation for a week and two weekends equals a lot of fun with family, relaxation, driving, and a pile of laundry that will take me a week to wash, fold, and put away! ☺ We spent five days at the lake with Jason's family, came home for a day to work in my classroom and repack the car, and then went to visit my family for three days. It was so great to see everyone and for Jason to have some relief from the stress he's had at work lately. Jaxson enjoyed having him home during the day, the last two days he's still trying to figure out where his Daddy is when he wakes up!
Jaxson had his 14 month well-child checkup today. He had four very painful shots. :'( He is getting a little taller each visit, now he is at the 17th%ile in height, a little chubbier 54th%ile in weight, and still has a big noggin at the 97th%ile, ha ha! It's just to hold all his smarts my mom says. ;) He is above on language development and right on track or above on motor development so she isn't worried about his growth or development. She said they just look for the pattern to remain consistant and not vary dramatically, also height at this age is no real indicator for future height except in certain circumstances. I never really thought about it before but my brother Austin is taller than Jason and he was always very average, even shorter than several in his class, until he hit puberty and then shot up way above all the others. My brother, Brice, was always the tallest in his class and then others passed him by and he is average height today right around 6 ft. So he may surprise us all and be a very tall man someday or he will be perfectly average or shorter than average, regardless he will be healthy and that is what is most important! He still has his heart murmur and she feels it is still an irregular rhythm of his heart pumping blood and not a hole, she is not concerned about that valve closing properly as they discussed was a possibility last time. So she will continue to monitor it at his well-child checks and no need to schedule another EKG at this time.
Interests: Cars! Everything with wheels is a "Caw!" He loves cars! He repeats "truck" and "tractor" but his first impulse is to name it a "car". Everywhere he goes he points and tells us. He is still very much interested in "Baw!" (balls) and "Read-Read" (reading). This boy could read for hours a day with anybody who will sit with him. He crawls up in our chaise chair and I will hear him telling a story while he is turning the pages in his book. I have tried at least 10 times to video tape this but everytime he catches me he stops immediately and demands I come over to read to him. He will play independently and be perfectly content until he sees me stop to watch and then I must join him. Which of course I do, I will drop anything in an instant to read and play with my little guy. ☺
Words: He leaves off most ending consonants and some beginning consonants. He does very well with one and some two syllable words that end in a vowel sound like Mama. He learns and understands so much more every single day. Today I was stopped at road construction when we went to visit my grandparents and he told me "Go! Go! Go!" was not happy that we were just sitting there all by ourself in the middle of nowhere (neither was I, but that is a whole 'nother story. :( ) His current list of words, things he will point out and name without prompts: Dad (sometimes Dada, Daddy), Mom (sometimes Mama), Papa (for Jason's dad) and MPa or Pa (for my dad), Nana (for Jason's mom) and Ma (for my mom), Daisy, Buddy, ball (baw), car (caw), read, book, down, gone, hi, heh-woa (hello), bye, bird, moo, sheep, baa, key (Mickey Mouse), kee-ee (kitty), puh-ee (puppy), daw (dog), pea or peace (please), tay (thank you, this one is with a prompt!), go, oh-oh, na (nap), og (frog), ha (hat), ish (fish), ee (ear), eye, ew (shoe), ock (sock), cup, head, ohs (Cheerios), ooh ah ah (sound of a monkey), Rahr! (sound of a lion), ick (chick), oan (phone), tee (teeth)?? Not all real words and some are a stretch but he has a specific word assigned to something and will say the same thing everytime he sees them or wants it so I say they are words. ☺
His next appt is at 18 months with more shots. :P Tomorrow we are going to the zoo and then doing some shoe shopping for me (It has been FOREVER since I've been shopping for me! I'm pretty excited! ha ha).





No comments: