Saturday, October 2, 2010
17 months!
New words: Up! (Finally!!!! He was using it very sparingly before but now he says it all the time.), ketchup, no, apple (pears are also apples), "k" (okay, in response from us asking him to do something), and me, and thanks to his Daddy "weenie!" :S, all words are becoming clearer everyday it seems. He is using more phrases and asking questions. We ask him if he is "Done?" at the table and he will reply "Done." The last two days he was getting a bit impatient waiting for Jason and I to finish eating and he was saying "Done?" "Done.".............."Done?" "Done.". It was SO funny, he was saying both sides of our usual conversation while trying to unbuckle his booster seat. He pulls all of his books out of his bookshelf and sits on top of the mountain of books and reads and reads. I walked in to hear him reading one of his books from memory. He has a Mickey Mouse book called "Road Trip". Every other page says "Is this the beach?" Then the next page says "No, it's the ______ (desert, etc.)." He was flipping through the book saying "Beach?"... "No."... "Beach?"... "No."... "Beach?" ... "No.". :) New obsessions: putting change in his piggybank. Constantly reaching for it on top of his bookshelf and moving his fingers to show us he wants to have it in his hands. He is a little change thief, anytime he finds some he grabs it and runs to his bank. He's also finding random things he calls "trash" and running to the cabinet where the trashcan is to throw them away (we have to look through our trash every once in a while to make sure there isn't anything important in there! :S). Continued obsessions: building, reading, and climbing. He weighs 26 1/2 pounds and is about 31 1/2 inches. His 18 month pants look a little short so I think his short, stubby legs may be growing? :) His hair grows so fast and it is time for another haircut already. We went to visit my grandparents (Jaxson's great grandparents) today. We had a great time out on their farm. We got to see my 94 year old grandpa crawl into the cellar to kill a 6 ft black snake with a stick. Yes, he is fearless, and works very hard even at 94, there's no stopping this man. Jason took off running with Jaxson, LOL it was so funny, Jason is deathly afraid of snakes. Very much like my cricket phobia, ha ha. After a few minutes of the snake hissing and lunging, lunged at least 3 ft one time :(, my grandpa finally came out with the monster. I didn't even think to take a photo of it but wish I would have, it was a BIG snake. Jaxson kept pointing at my grandma's shirt and saying "Pretty." because she had flowers on her shirt and he thinks that is the name of a flower. :) On our walks we talk about the flowers being pretty, I never realize until Jaxson repeats things how something I say might be misinterpreted. The pears are getting closer and closer to being ripe, another month maybe. I'm going to try to can some this year like my grandma did when I was little. That was one of my most favorite things about visiting my grandparents, grandma's canned pears. YUM! Events coming up, the truck show at Lawrence Dumont Stadium, I don't know what it's name is for sure but there are all kinds of trucks and the kids can climb all over in them and on them and honk their horns, etc. This sounds like heaven to Jaxson right now, he is all about cars, trucks, and tractors. (And they finally each have their own name, not all "Cars!"! ha ha!) And I can't wait until we head out to the pumpkin patch! Hopefully I can get some good pictures, last year it was horrible windy and cold, pictures were terrible. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment