Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mr. Independent :)

Independence, it is so amazingly wonderful but worrisome at the same time! I love that he can begin to do so many things on his own. That I can trust everything will be fine if I take a shower while he is awake and playing. He can, and loves, to play and read independently while I make dinner. He gives the dogs lots of love and bones, will let us know when they need to go outside or come inside. Helps unload the dishwasher and knows where every single dish, pan, and spoon belongs. Tells us what he wants for breakfast, what he wants to wear, when he wants changed...and when he does NOT want any of those things. He has realized he has the power to terrorize the dogs, he can refuse diaper changes, his dinner (or request a different one!), wearing a coat, and of course repeat something I just asked him not to do with a huge grin... I love his new independence but it terrifies me of what's to come, the patience I will need after I feel I've used all the patience I have on the 22 angels at work. When to push and when to let it go? What battles do I choose? Yes, he is only 18 months, still my precious little baby, and I have 18 years to figure it all out. :) I love him so very, very, very much and I pray I do it "right". :)





He loves to play catch, he can say both syllables of football, basketball, soccer (ball :) ), and baseball pretty clearly.

No comments: