Friday, March 19, 2010

Denae update 2

It is cancer. :'( So very sad. She has a shunt now to redirect the fluid on her brain from the surgery. She starts chemo and radiation weekly and will have a spinal tap in a month to determine if the cancer has spread. They are planning on returning home next week and she can do the radiation in Wichita but needs to return to Kansas City for the chemo.

Thankfully we have friends and family helping to care for Jaxson the next couple of weeks. Linda is going to begin daycare services again in 2 weeks with a helper from her church. We visited a couple daycares this week while on Spring Break and it was a nightmare. At one Jaxson was smacked upside the head with a book. It was absolutely horrible. The child that did it was the daycare provider's own son and she said barely anything to him, I had to go remove the book and tell him no. :( Jaxson's eyes just welled up with tears and he looked at the boy like "Why'd you do that?" The lady was licensed so she had 10 kids and they were all packed in a little room and I can just picture Jaxson being stepped and jumped on. So needless to say I left thinking I will quit my job without notice before I take my son back there! After this school year, Linda will may no longer run a daycare so we will have to find something for next year but I'm happy to know I will have 4 months to really look and not have to take him some where quickly.

We spent yesterday and today at the zoo. Yesterday with my sister-in-law, Amy, and her two kids and today with my friend, Amy, and her two kids. We had such a great time. I will post some of those pictures when I get them downloaded.

No comments: