Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring fun

Finally got some outside time! Jaxson absolutely loves being outside. When we are inside he bangs on the door and says, "Ay!" at me, I guess that means "Let me out!". He also does his usual jabber with the word "Daisy" inserted periodically while he watches her out running around. He is quite the character. He has began jumping on Daisy when she is looking out the back door with him. She runs and he just laughs and laughs. When she finally catches on to what he's doing (it takes a few times every day, she's not too bright ☺) then he crawls after her really fast chasing her away from the door. Yesterday Jaxson crawled up the front porch steps all by himself, I was close behind of course but it just amazed me because he did it like it was nothing and I had no idea he could/would do that already! He also attempted to climb up the slide but was getting frustrated because he would take a few crawling steps and would slide back down to the bottom. He also attempted to eat a few sticks, potting soil, and some rocks. He's doing a very good job of dropping it and not putting it in his mouth when I say, "No, yucky!"

Jaxson had his 10 month well-child check last week. He is a very healthy boy. His growth patterns, however, are not within normal limits (not even close!) so we are going to have to go back to the doctor monthly to monitor it. He's at the 20th %ile in weight and 7th %ile in height, only grew an inch in four months! I knew he was a shorty but had no idea it would be that big of a discrepancy on their little graph thing they show at the well-child visit. If he continues the same pattern of weight gain he will only be at the 3rd %ile at 12 months. So, we're hoping for a significant growth spurt over the next month and a half or they are going to start testing him for human growth hormone dificiency and various types of dwarfism. I was a mess on Friday but Jason is being very calm and positive. He, and going through this experience with Denae, has shown me what is most important is that he is smart, healthy, and happy. Jason says he will be the next Darren Sproles. Ha ha. ☺ He may have some challenges ahead of him but I have to trust that it is in God's plan and accept whatever that may be. The doctor said that babies with the more common types of dwarfism also have little penises and Jaxson does not, so that is a positive note. And neither of us have any dwarfism in our families. We will see, I'm going to try not to dwell on the what-ifs and focus on enjoying this wonderful spring weather with my perfect little guy. ☺


Jaxson's "five finger point" at the neighbor's dogs.


Watching Daisy trying to dig a hole in this picture and me telling her "no". Just what Daddy wants him to see, ha ha! Won't be long until they're running around together and Jason will have double the holes to fill in. ;) Can't wait for the 68 degree weather on Thursday!









2 comments:

The Helm Family said...

He is a perfect little boy. I hate when doctors bring something up and then want to "wait and see", drives me nuts. Have a great rest of your spring break and seriously, I would make the trip to McPherson every day if you need to!! Hugs to Jaxson!!

The Tenbrink family said...

:( I'll keep you in my prayers. If it's any consolation...Brody has always been in low percentiles too. It wasn't until his 3 year appt. that he started moving up. His weight percentile was as low as 2-5%tile, but now it's up to 25%tile. His height shot up too-he went from 25-50%tile to 75%tile. Maybe Jaxson will do like Brody did...make everybody worry for nothing! (And if not, it doesn't matter...God has a plan for him. Jaxson will bring you happiness and joy no matter what his size!)