Back to work to get ready for another school year. I drive myself crazy going between being excited and sad. I love to teach. I honestly sometimes could not imagine not teaching and being a stay at home mom, as crazy as that sounds. At the same time, being a mommy is the best job in the world and I feel like I should and need to stay home because it's what I'm suppose to do and I love every minute I spend with him. It is such a rollercoaster of ups and downs, regret and reassurance, hesitation and anticipation... Ugh.
I watched the daycare kids on Tuesday and oh my goodness is Miss Shannon going to have her hands full! It makes me realize how very little she really does get paid and makes me appreciate her so much more. Watching 1-3 year olds is NOTHING like a class of 20 6-7 year olds. It makes my job feel like a piece of cake. Everyone wants and needs something at the exact same time. They all run in ten different directions and each want to do something different. The one year olds (Jaxson and Avery) ran to opposite sides of our one acre yard and of course neither wanted to go inside when I asked them to and it was next to impossible to pick them both up with the bats and golf clubs they were carrying and take them there so I picked up one and walked hand in hand with the other back to the house (seriously took an hour, ha ha!). We played in the water and sand tubs. Avery grabbed the hose and flung it around and water was soaking all of us andshe thought it was so funny I turn around just in time to see the 3 year old crawl into the tub after she just dumped all of the sand in to the water! They need to go down for nap at the same time, one cries the other cries back and forth until I finally gave up on morning naps, at the same time the 3 year old needed help going to the bathroom and fell in the toilet cause I didn't get there fast enough...Ahhh! If it sounds a bit chaotic, ha ha, you should have only seen it in action. :S Ha ha, maybe just one little guy is plenty for me right now. ☺ Also, I am so thankful at how well my little guy eats and that he is not super picky. :S The afternoon was much, much smoother.
Today (8/4/10) is Jaxson and my last day before I go back to work full time. We went to the park this morning and played, had a great time. I love to just let him go run and explore. He decided to run through the waterpark, I didn't figure he would go over to that area and it was early so I didn't put him in swim trunks, oops! Oh well. ☺ We found this really neat fishing pond area that I knew was there but didn't know it was stocked with fish, catfish and white bass, we are going to have to come back with our fishing poles soon! Afterwards we stopped by daycare because the girls had left some things at our house yesterday and Jaxson threw a FIT because I would not let him stay and play. I told him to tell Miss Shannon and Payton goodbye and he cried and turned to me and told me goodbye! Then he kicked and screamed when I took him to the door. It made me sad but at the same time I absolutely LOVE knowing he loves this place that much, that he is so upset to leave because he is truly happy there playing with his friends. I would much rather it be that way then crying because he didn't want to go or didn't want to be there. So I carried my screaming monkey out and he was fine once we got in the car to go home.
His favorite word the past couple weeks has been "WOW!" he says it when he is reading books and when he finds "treasures" in the yard from Daddy's building projects, it is soooo cute! He is still pretending to "go to sleep" and sometimes that is the only way I can get him to come to me when I want to change his diaper, I pretend to go to sleep and he comes to lay beside me to pretend also and I grab him, ha ha. Otherwise he is perfectly content running around the house with dirty diapers. He will tell me he is poopy but doesn't care to change them! I will post some pictures in a post later. Little monkey is up from a nap and I need to get him some lunch...
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So funny that you use the word "treasures." That's what Jason always called his finds when he was younger. Surely you have heard that before? I'm so glad he likes his daycare, that's got to make it much easier on you. Good luck with your kiddos this year and we will have to get together soon.
Post a Comment