Thursday, September 2, 2010

16 months

He is all grown up. He gets a short haircut and now he thinks he can climb up on absolutely everything, our diningroom chairs, and then up on the diningroom table, all the sofas, our bed, the picnic benches and then up on the picnic table... there is no stopping this little destructive monster, ha ha. He wants to destroy everything he gets in his hands, rip it, break it, tear it, smash it, and crush it. :) Little demolition man. He is beginning to repeat things we say. I was talking to myself in the car the other day and suddenly I realized he was repeating everything I had said, ha ha. He begins to sing anytime he hears music or is bored. He loves the E-I-E-I-O part of Old McDonald and will sing that part over and over, I've been trying to get him to say the animal sounds after I name them but he's not understanding that yet ha ha. He does the motions to "If you're happy and you know it..." and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" although he skips shoulders every once in awhile. He also will randomly say Baa Baa Sheep for the nursery rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep while he is "reading" his farm books. He loves PEAS, loves em. And is still obsessed with cucumbers. So much so that I got to make it his "dessert" because he will just eat them and beg for more without touching his meat or other things on his plate. He doesn't need anything on them, just plain, but put mayo and vinegar on them like my mom sometimes does and he loves them just as much. He loves peppers and has found a new love of tomatoes which he didn't have before. Also, he hates mashed potatoes, one of my most favoritest things on Earth, that's just weird if you ask me! He thinks farting is the funniest thing ever and after he does it once he will strain till he's purple in the face trying to "recreate" it. :S His daddy farted the other day and Jaxson looked up at me and I said "What was that?!" and he ran over and pointed to Jason's butt. It was the funniest thing ever!! He is starting to be more ummmm... vocal? on what he does and doesn't want to do. He isn't telling us no yet but he will get very upset if we stop him or take him away from something he really wants to do. Sometimes this involves digging in his heels and kicking. He threw a fit the other day because I wanted him to clean up his crayons so we could leave for daycare/work. I had to let him carry his crayons and coloring book with huge tears all the way there and then as soon as he saw the girls he dropped them in the driveway without a second look. :P He still loves to play with legos, read, and eat. He has added elbow and knee to his body parts he names. I ask him to go put on his pants and he will go to his room and come out with a pair of shorts around one ankle. He will attempt to put on a shirt also but tries to put his head through the arm or neck part first. He tries to put on his socks and shoes too. Of course he would much, much rather be just naked and will run away in the mornings sometimes when I'm trying to change him. His favorite sound is the /sh/ sound, it gets added to so many words. Socks are "shocks", dogs sometimes say "woosh" instead of "woof"... He still likes to blow his nose which has been wonderful this week because his allergies have been going crazy and his little nose has been running with the windows open. He loves to do somersaults, I think he must have learned this at daycare, he does them all over the house and it scares me to death because he will try to do them off of the furniture. Every morning he asks me to read his Uppercase Living quote above his closet "A wee bit of heaven drifted down from above, a handful of happiness, a heart full of love." It is so funny because he points to himself and touches his heart, somehow he knows it is all about him, how thankful we are he is our son and how much we love him. :)

1 comment:

The Helm Family said...

Awww, he is growing up so fast. I can't wait to see him (hopefully you will be able to come this weekend?)