Friday, December 17, 2010

19-20 months

Everybody is sick.  Over half of my students at school, 10 in and out for the past three weeks.  Jaxson and the girls at daycare had "a highly contagious stomach virus" this past week.  It was no fun.  This was the third time Jaxson has thrown up in his 19 month life and everytime it makes me so sad, don't like it when he is sick.  Monday he woke up cranky (Jaxson very rarely wakes up cranky when he wakes up on his own), he had nasty diapers at daycare but no nasty ones at home.  Tuesday he woke up almost non-responsive, freaked me out, I could not have any type of conversation with him whatsoever, it was like we went backwards 6 months!  I would ask him questions and he would just stare at me blankly. :(  Continued to refuse to eat at home and daycare, nasty diapers at daycare again.  Wednesday was a repeat of Tuesday.  Then yesterday he began the vomitting.  Jason took him in to see the doctor and that's when she made the diagnosis of the stomach virus.  No milk only Pedialyte and toast/crackers.  She thought he was nearing the end of it and this morning he woke up his usual self.  Demanded I put the Pedialyte away and give him his milk!  Then he ran around goofy, didn't eat much, about half a piece of toast but it was at least something!  He verbally told me he wanted to color and didn't want to go to daycare.  Then he told me No! to his grey shirt and ran to get his blue airplane shirt instead.  How I missed my demanding little monkey, ha ha!  So happy to have him back.  I have had swollen lymph nodes and pains in my chest for about a month so finally broke down and went to the doctor today convinced it was something serious.  They referred me to a specialist who decided not to do x-rays because they think it is Castrochondritis, an injury to my chest and rib muscles from holding Jaxson, carrying diaper bag, books to and from work, etc.  So I'm on orders not to hold my little guy or carry anything over a pound for a while. :( It's been a lovely week!  So ready for a long break. 
Other news...I entered my name and was chosen to be in the Biggest Loser of Valley Center contest, there were 16 chosen.  Don't ask me why I'm doing this.  I managed to lose 10 pounds on P90X and then I got stuck and have even gained a couple back since school started.  Now I'm paying money, getting my picture in the paper, and in the end will probably end up being embarrassed as well with the results.  I'm getting a little desperate to lose some weight for my sister's wedding and before hopefully getting pregnant again this summer. 
New things for Jaxson...we have lost track of the number of words he says.  Hundreds, everyday there are four or five more that we haven't heard before.  He is now consistently saying three word phrases and sentences.  This morning going to school he told me "Neck hurts me!" I asked "Why?" and he tugged on his carseat straps "This!".  It is so amazing to be able to have a conversation with him.  "Bone for Bubby?"  is another favorite phrase.  He loves, loves, loves to color and read.  He spends most of his time now that it is so cold and dark so early doing these two things.  He knows most of his colors fairly consistently, blue, orange, and green most days.  He is singing parts of Jingle Bells and Let it Snow.  He is sorting objects by color and size.  He still mixes up things and it makes us laugh because we can usually figure out which one of us caused the confusion.  Past mixups--flower=pretty because we always say "No don't pick it, it's pretty."  cup=gone because we ask if it is gone when we take it.  Now when he wants to give you something he says "For me." as he is holding it towards you because we always ask "For me?!" when he is sharing nicely.  He has gotten in a few fights with the girl at daycare, the one 3 months younger than him.  She is a fiesty one!  Hits, bites, scratches, pinches when she wants what he has, it's real lovely. :( He smacked her across the head last week with a book because she bit him.  I worry about him but I'm pretty sure he has at least 15 pounds on her, she's tiny, so she probably has more to worry about then Jaxson.  That's about all of our excitement.  I attempted to put Jaxson on the potty the other morning because he didn't go all night and he yelled "No!" got up and peed all over me.  It was right before work so we both had to have another shower and change, ha ha!  I haven't attempted again naked, he continues to just go in there and sit on it with his clothes on and say "Pssssss".  He's perfectly happy pretending.  I will see if we can get potty training accomplished this summer when I'm home.
 "Ta-Da! This plane!" (or train, or car, or boat!)






No comments: