Another crazy week. This week at school was much more calm compared to last week. I had four students out sick for most of the week (was puked on on Wednesday :P). We went and visited an in-home group daycare on Thursday. The house was absolutely gorgeous over $500K easily and spotless. The daycare was a huge space consisting of three rooms set up in the basement with a door to the backyard. It was really nice but I wasn't impressed with the schedule or some of the daycare provider's comments. :( In the schedule was 30 minutes for ABC/Shapes/Colors, 1 hour for Dora the Explorer, 2 hours for Spanish instruction (her words "Senora Sarah slkfjoinefonwfngijgmerguenew" translation "Miss Sarah doesn't speak any English for two hours because that's how they learn best."), and a 3 hour nap. The rest of the day was "free play". It isn't terrible, and I have read all the research supporting dual language instruction at an early age, but... With a majority of her spots being for newbornes I was hoping for something a little different. She also showed me a form which will go home nightly with "all of your baby's first words because I know you will be missing them since you are working." That was a major dagger in the heart, we had to cut it short because I started crying uncontrollably. :"(
Jason's out building in the garage. Going to be a beautiful weekend, we both have Monday off. This week we start childbirth classes on Wednesday nights. Have to go get the glucose and iron testing Wednesday also, fun fun. Hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Tabatha
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment