Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh so lonely.... :)

Jason's out of town on a business trip for the week. Just left today so it's not too bad yet.
Exciting news for the week, I felt Jaxson roll over, what a crazy feeling! Childbirth class was interesting to say the least. The instructor is a complete nut! She talked in a weird monotone voice (trying to get everyone to relax) and everyone was just in a trance , like they were hypnotized or something, everyone I should say except the crazy lady in the back who couldn't keep it under control (yes, that would be me!). I had a major case of the giggles and the harder I tried to stop the harder I laughed! I'm deathly afraid of crickets, I was majorly traumatized as a child and it's a very serious phobia. Just as she was whispering "Release that furrowed brow down, down, down, down, down through your toes" at the same time she started a tape of crickets chirping, I completely lost it. I had to cover my head with my pillow because even though I could contain the giggling sound , I was shaking because I was still laughing so hard on the inside. It was horrible. Jason kept kicking me, "We're going to get kicked out!" And he fell asleep during the crickets! The nutty lady whispered "Imagine you're in the middle of the woods surrounded by crickets." Are you kidding me?!?!? That's a nightmare, definitely not relaxing, ha ha ha!! It was so weird. Since Jason's out of town this week, Amy (my sis-in-law) is going to go with me. I am going to be on my best behavior, promise! :)
Busy, busy, busy with school stuff, PT conferences in a couple weeks, reading and math data due this week, need to make lesson plans for the sub when I'm on maternity leave. Education budget was cut huge this year, lots of districts doing some drastic things in order to have enough money to finish the school year. Our district is discussing extending every school day by an hour and then either getting out a few weeks early or making it a four day school week. Then they don't have as many days to pay lunches, transportation, electricity, paraprofessionals, etc. We will see how it goes, maybe I'll get an extended maternity leave!

Have a great week!

Love,
Tabatha

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Ha ha ha! I am so sorry...but, yes, I am STILL laughing over your first Lamaze class experience! You sent me those texts about it, and couldn't stop laughing; and then reading this...it is just too funny to picture! I can only imagine what it would have been like if Mom or I were with you! Ha ha ha! So...Good luck, Amy!!! I wish you an enjoyable Wednesday evening with Tabatha and the crickets!! :)

The Helm Family said...

Yeah...there may be two crazy ladies in the back that can't contain it!!

What an awesome feeling when the baby rolls over!! That is the one thing that I remember the most about my pregnancy!

Miss Hake said...

Tabby,
This is the first time I have visited your blog. I need to do it more often so I can stay up on what is going on with you. That is so exciting that you felt Jaxson turn over. I was think the other day, that one day I will have to help him make a Jackson Pollock painting he will enjoy that:) Well sorry to hear your lonely I would love to come stay with you if only I lived closer. The crib you guys picked out looks great and I'm sure Jason will do an amazing job recreating it too. Well take care and I'll check out your blog more often. Luv yas!!

The Packard's said...

I hope your class goes well! I hated those classes, especially since I had a c-section so I never had to "relax" while giving birth!