What a stressful week!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids came back and day 90 of first grade was just like day 1, AHHHH!!! We forgot how to walk down the hall, how to sit correctly on the carpet, how to whisper during our quiet workstation time, how to go to the bathroom without emptying the soap dispenser or paper towels all over the floor... =( Academics were fine, behavior was a nightmare! And then the evenings were filled with tears over what we are going to do about childcare. I have huge trust issues! Huge. We call places and get references but then we are getting recommendations from people we don't know anything about either? So how do you know whether to value someones opinion if you have no idea whether what is acceptable to them would be acceptable to you?!?! And you tour these places and there are no kids, nothing is out, everythings in it's nice and neat place. You have no idea...how often they disinfect their toys, what cleaning supplies they use, how they speak to the children... I'm a serious mess, if you can't tell. :( So we have a couple leads which I haven't shot down yet, one might have an opening, isn't sure yet, one does have an opening but it would be a little drive to get him there in the mornings and pick him up in the evenings, and that worries me in case there would be an emergency. And the thought of paying all of this money out of my paycheck to have a stranger take care of my child just breaks my heart. :( (Like I said, I'm a mess!) Found an amazing private daycare called Northridge Academy, wow. The cost would be like sending Jaxson to baby college! But the research-based educational programs they have and the nationally certified early childhood educators on staff are really incredible. That one was never even an option but I just had to go see it. ;)
I'm so glad it is Friday! We had a doctor's appt. yesterday. We're at week 25. Before the pregnancy I was overweight so the doc said I was only supposed to gain 15 pounds total. Well yesterday I was at +14!!!! Three more months to go...baby still has about 6 pounds (better not be any more than that!!! ;) ) to go, and who knows what else is still growing. So he wants me on a no-carb diet! That is going to be waaaaaaaaay harder than a no-soda diet!? Last night we had grilled chicken, what the heck are you supposed to cook with it?! Normally it would of been a veggie, garlic bread and potatoes, ha ha I'm a carb eating fool so this means big trouble. And I'm supposed to count the baby's movements and he should have 12 before 3:00 every day. How am I supposed to do that?! I guess in between the times I'm counting Andrea hiding under her desk, and Danny putting his pencil up his nose, and Kaleb telling me "No, I'm not going to do my math today." I'm pretty sure I'm going to start to have nightmares about tally charts.
Okay time to relax, it is Friday. ;)
Love,
Tabatha
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment